Monday, September 15, 2008

Armenian serviceman admits Qarabaq's being Azerbaijani territory

 

http://www.anspress.com/ansphoto/erm_esir_patruk.jpgParuyr Stepanyan:"I refuse from Armenian citizenship"

Armenian serviceman Paruyr Stepanyan, who has passed to Azerbaijan voluntarily, refuses from Armenian citizenship. In his interview with an ANS correspondent, Stepanyan told  tyranny and lawlessness in Armenian Army was one of the reasons that made him pass to Azerbaijan.

Parayur Stepanyan, 19, born in Irevan, Armenia says there are several reasons for his passing to Azerbaijan ranging from lawlessness to violation of human rights in Armenia. Stepanyan said he could not have got higher education because of his poor social condition. “It is very hard to enter a university in Armenia without giving bribe,” he said.

Stepanyan also said he had learned the history of Qarabaq and certain international conventions on territorial integrity of states. “I learned why the war was started and I studied international laws and regulations on state borders. 1976 Helsinki document on borders, as well as Armenian monument on 150th anniversary of Armenians’ move to Qarabaq proves territorial integrity of Azerbaijan once more. If Armenians lived in Qarabaq before Azerbaijanis, why did they need such a monument there? There is only one reasonable answer to this question that Qarabaq is a historical region of Azerbaijan,” Armenian serviceman stated.

Stepanyan also complained of anti-democratic government and violation of human rights in Armenia.

“I don want to reside in a country where a citizen can not enjoy his right to free election. When I was serving in the Armenian Army, I could not vote in the 2008 February presidential elections. I found my ballot cast in favor of Serzh Sargsyan when I was on duty. Armenian is governed through dictatorship. Thus, I addressed to Azerbaijani government that I don’t want to be an Armenian citizen any more. I refuse from Armenian citizenship. I can not understand why Armenia does not go into talks and delays Qarabaq issue every time,” said Stepanyan.

Paruyr also complained of grave situation in Armenian Army speaking about tortures and violations committed by officers against soldiers.

“Officers often beat soldiers, even till death. I was also repeatedly beaten. On one of these days, I risked my life and passed to Azerbaijan and capitulated.“

Stepanyan stated he does not want to return to Armenia, which suffers poor level of social life. According to him, many Armenian families live on financials means sent to them by relatives abroad. Paruyr also asked Azerbaijani government for asylum.

“I ask Azerbaijani government to grant me with a refugee status either in Azerbaijan, or in a EU country. Any country, except Russia. Russia has very close ties with Armenia, that is why I don’t want to go to Russia,” Stepanyan concluded.

 



__________ Информация от ESET Smart Security, версия базы данных сигнатур вирусов 3426 (20080908) __________

Сообщение проверено программой ESET Smart Security.

http://www.esetnod32.ru

No comments: